As Christians, we acknowledge the need for community. Genuine fellowship binds us one another and to God. At Park Road we seek to build a faith community which is inclusive, supportive, and nourishing for the growth of our community of faith.
“For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” (Matthew 18:20)
PRBC Community Ministry Area
(Hugh and Sarah Ashcraft, Ministry Area Coordinators)
We will strengthen this church’s identity as a “family of faith.”
- Receptions/Bereavement Team – plan, prepare food and host receptions for any church-wide events as requested by the pastors. In the event of a funeral, plan, prepare food, coordinate and host a reception following the funeral or a meal for the family.
- New Babies Team – prepare and take two meals to families with new-born babies
- Intergenerational Team – implement annual church-wide retreat, initiate other intergenerational gatherings and learning opportunities throughout the year
- VSP Team – plan and coordinate the monthly ministry for our senior adults’ (“Very Special People”) lunch and entertainment on the 3rd Thursday of each month during the school year.
- Inreach Team – including but not limited to assisting in transportation needs, small home repairs as needed.
- Caring Church Companions – The 3 C’s” Team members stay in contact with church members who are unable to attend or have special needs. They also provide meals and support in various ways to families and individuals who are experiencing an illness or have a short-term need. Wednesday night meals are delivered to home-bound members.
- Seasonal Parties Team – plan and organize church-wide activities including, but not limited to the Fall Festival, the Easter Egg Hunt, Christmas Caroling.