In early Christianity the butterfly was a symbol of the soul, and also came to symbolize the resurrection of Christ as well as his followers. As our spiritual life is nourished by the church and continues to grow, we emerge and are transformed into a spirit that demonstrates God’s love with beauty, grace, and the ability to transcend our earthly bounds.
So if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new! (2 Corinthians 5:17)
Spiritual Development Ministries
(Barry and Ann Marie Burke, Ministry Area Coordinators)
We will enhance the church’s commitment to warm, liturgical worship and challenging education.
- Recommitment Sunday – will plan and coordinate the activities for Recommitment Sunday (late August/early September) for the entire congregation.
- Youth Education Team – look at the overall education picture of the youth ministry (examples might include looking at curriculum, creating an educational philosophy, leading regular opportunities to train teachers.
- Youth Parent Team – made up of parents of youth, serves as advisory team to Youth Minister or staff minister assigned to work with youth.
- Youth Music Team – plans and conducts occasional musical presentations by youth.
- Library Team – organizes and maintains church library, including a check-out system and a plan for receiving donations.
- Worship Space Evaluation Team – evaluate the campus to creative and enhance intentional spaces for worship.
- Worship Enhancement through Sacred Arts Team – periodic brainstorming with the ministerial staff and facilitation of creative worship experiences – including but not limited to dance, drama, visual and musical arts.
- Special Musical Services and Events Team – concerts, music camps and retreats.
- Advent/Christmas Decorating Team
- Music Education Team – children’s and youth choirs, workshops, musical instruments.
- Children’s Education Team – look at the overall education picture of the children’s ministry – examples might include looking at curriculum, creating an educational philosophy, leading regular opportunities to train teachers.
- Children’s Activities and Mission Team – plan and lead quarterly activities and mission opportunities.
- Childcare Team – look at all church events to make sure we have childcare for all events.
- VBS Team – plan and lead Vacation Bible School.
- Youth Trips Team – along with the Minister with Youth, the team will help coordinate the logistics of the youth trips.
- Adult Education Team – evaluate and develop adult opportunities for spiritual growth.
- PRBC Summit on Education – create a church-wide educational philosophy to provide a foundation for spiritual development.